D.I.Y. Credit Management & Debt Elimination Video Programs

Debt Warriors Video Programs and Software teach American Consumer's step-by-step, how to eliminate their Unsecured Debt - for themselves.

Friday, August 22, 2008

How To Deal With Debt Before Divorce

She Wanted Off!

When any Love Boat goes out into the Sea of Love, it faces the threat of an eventual leak. to keep with the metaphor, consider debt was as water leaking into your Love Boat. If you don't plug the leak, you won't stop the debt from sinking your boat.

Debt occurs early in relationships. For example why is it an emotional prerequisite for many women, that their man spend at least a months salary on her Engagement Ring? A smarter choice is for the future Bride and Groom to set a budget and try not to exceed it. Next save for the wedding ring and purchase it for cash.

Most men and women finance their wedding rings.

I financed my ex-wife's engagement ring. I paid 23% interest for it as well. My credit was excellent so I was robbed on the loan. I was a much younger man who knew nothing about Compound Interest.

I know many women who buy or finance their own engagement ring. This is not a smart thing to do. If the man loves you he will buy the ring - not finance it, nor allow you too. If he truly loves you, he probably hopes to die before you. If his hope comes true, he wouldn't want to leave you with any debt. If he does not really love you, or he falls out of love with (or you with him) you could be paying the debt for a financing a failed relationship.

As you can see debt may rock your Love Boat (and your world) early on. My ex-wife and I had a 20 year run on the Sea of love. In the end debt sank our marriage.


How To Deal With Debt Before A Divorce

1. Be honest.
My ex-wife is a well spoken woman. She's also very prideful. She's friendly but ultimately a private person. She loved to rob Peter to Pay Paul. We had enough money if we lived below our means.

I was honest and told my ex-wife that I was concerned about how much debt she had. I was also very candid about her lack of care and concern for her finances. She was not pleased. But I had to tell her my concerns. I'm not promising that if you're honest with your spouse or partner they will thank you later. They may be prideful and hate feeling criticized. Tough. Please be honest with your spouse about your debt and theirs? This will save you a lot of financial headaches in the long run.

2. Be Urgent. There is no bigger mistake in believing that you spouse or partner will change their spending habits, without you urging them to. Don't float around a whirlwind of debt pretending like everything is OK. Don't be subtle about your debt issues in your marriage. Tell your partner or spouse directly. Be clear about your concerns.

3. Be Resolved. (especially when the Sea of Love gets rocky). Let your spouse or partner know what you intend to do about your debt issues. Try to come to a written resolve together. Form a Battle-Plan and budget your way out of debt. If your spouse or partner won't do anything about their debt - then you must.

I've seen man Love Boats sink slowly into the sea of debt. That's why we've produced Debt Settlement Video Courses . Our courses help you prevent debt from ruining your marriage.

--------------------------------------------------
Don't Let Debt Defeat you!

Log onto www.DEBTWARRIORS.com

No comments: